/ USE CASE /
DIAGNOSTIC SUPPORT TOOL
← Return to Health care Industries
- Emergency Medical Systems (EMR) hold thousands of records of patient histories, physical exams, examination results and diagnostics.
- However, this data is difficult to access and highly unstructured, making it complex to analyze and use for decision making.
- Patient diagnosis is a complex process involving a lot of variables; having a diagnostic support tool can be useful for training and validation purposes.
- Designed and built a model to predict and output a list of potential diagnoses based on a patient’s history, physical exams and other patient information.
- Used NLP/NLU to extract and analyze text data to create relevant features for the model.
- Live integration of the diagnostic tool with the EMR so that it is always working with the most updated patient information.
- Improved and standardized the diagnostic process with a decision-support tool.
- Streamlined training of new clinicians.
- Collected and pre-processed a massive amount of data for future analysis.