IBM COGNOS - BI CONSULTANT
IBM Cognos - BI Consultant
Experience Based Salary + Benefits
Essence of the role:
KPI Digital is seeking intelligent, passionate and driven individuals to join the ranks of their renowned Business Intelligence solution delivery team. The candidate will be expected to deliver high-quality Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing consulting services to a broad range of high-profile clients that range from start-ups to Fortune 100. The focus entails assisting clients with the development and deployment of the full range of IBM Cognos enterprise-wide Business Intelligence tools with an understanding of data modeling and ETL tasks related to these applications. The individual will be expected to work with clients across multiple markets and industries often playing several different roles within a project lifecycle.
- Plan design and develop IBM Cognos reporting, querying and analysis solutions.
- Plan, design and develop IBM Cognos metadata models using Framework Manager.
- Gather business requirements and use cases from customers and translate those requirements into top-down technical solutions and design documentation across all aspects of the business intelligence solution.
- Design and build prototype solutions based on initial business requirements.
- Develop and implement interactive dashboards to help drive business decisions.
- Support and mentor customers on the various IBM Cognos tools and technologies.
- Develop and implement solutions using variety of IBM Cognos OLAP technologies.
- Never stop learning new technologies and strive to become a thought leader in all facets of Business Intelligence.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Science or related field, with 2+ years of experience.
- Working knowledge of fundamental database modeling and design principles. Solid business analysis skills are highly coveted. Working knowledge of the data warehouse lifecycle as well as star schema and/or de-normalized database design.
- High proficiency in SQL programming and development as well as ETL tools, particularly of SSIS and / or Talend.
- Practical or applied understanding of UI/UX design principals and/or data visualization theory.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills are desired.
- The ability to manage to multiple project deadlines.
- The opportunity to join and grow an ever-expanding professional network of high-profile clients and reputable colleague
- A passionate and approachable leadership team that encourages an entrepreneurial frame of mind and welcomes contribution to business development from all members of the team
- An unparalleled opportunity to gain in depth operational experience across a variety of industries and organizational departments
- The opportunity to explore and put into practice cutting edge technology on a regular basis
- Competitive merit-based compensation and bonus packages that rapidly reward passionate and driven team members
- Small company culture, with big company benefits: Group Insurance: Health, Dental, Travel, Life, more
- Free use of gym within building
- Full kitchen with snacks, treats, espresso, etc.
- Easy access to public transportation and free parking
- Casual work environment
Who is KPI Digital?
KPI Digital has been helping clients meet their revenue goals for over 30 years. We specialize in Digital Transformation, Analytics & AI and Performance Management business solutions/services. More specifically Analytics, Digital Marketing, Big Data, Insights, Customer 360, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning and Internet of Things (IOT). In addition, we offer Consulting Services, Managed Services, Packaged Services, Education and Training.
Are you seeking a new opportunity where you can make an impact and be recognized and compensated for your achievements? If this sounds intriguing, consider KPI Digital for your career, apply now!