DATA SCIENTIST - DATA & ANALYTICS GROUP
Data Scientist for the
Data & Analytics Group
Experience Based Salary + Benefits
Essence of the role:
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will be providing consulting services to our customers as a Data Scientist. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action for a variety of business functions and industries. The candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. The candidate must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. He/She must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with our customers’ stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging their data and produce insights, allowing them to improve business processes or even innovate by changing the industry.
- ML/DL using customers’ data (including data lakes) to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing, supply chains, services, operations, manufacturing, R&D or any other relevant business functions.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets when needed. Reuse existing algorithms when they do the job.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Make the model transparent and unbiased.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Keep up to date with auto AI to improve cycle time on features engineering.
- Keep up to date with various AI toolkits to improve cycle time.
- A talent for operating effectively at various levels of abstraction.
- An aptness to distill complex, technical topics articulately to a non-technical audience.
- Adaptability, flexibility and an ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Strong business processes / objectives understanding skills.
- Strong understanding of the relationships of data with business processes (SIPOC, CRUD, etc).
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- SPSS experience.
- Watson Studio and Watson ML experience.
- Experience with ready to use AI models from Watson, AWS, GC and Azure.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- We’re looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- Experience working with data architectures.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience with Redshift, S3, Spark, Databricks, Cloudera, Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using a variety of software.
- Bilingual (French & English).
What will make you successful at KPI Digital
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation.
- An understanding of the difference between data and useful insights.
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions.
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do.
- The opportunity to join and grow an ever-expanding professional network of high-profile clients and reputable colleague
- A passionate and approachable leadership team that encourages an entrepreneurial frame of mind and welcomes contribution to business development from all members of the team
- An unparalleled opportunity to gain in depth operational experience across a variety of industries and organizational departments
- The opportunity to explore and put into practice cutting edge technology on a regular basis
- Competitive merit-based compensation and bonus packages that rapidly reward passionate and driven team members
- Small company culture, with big company benefits: Group Insurance: Health, Dental, Travel, Life, more
- Free use of gym within building
- Full kitchen with snacks, treats, espresso, etc.
- Easy access to public transportation and free parking
- Casual work environment
Who is KPI Digital?
KPI Digital has been helping clients meet their revenue goals for over 30 years. We specialize in Digital Transformation, Analytics & AI and Performance Management business solutions/services. More specifically Analytics, Digital Marketing, Big Data, Insights, Customer 360, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning and Internet of Things (IOT). In addition, we offer Consulting Services, Managed Services, Packaged Services, Education and Training.
Are you seeking a new opportunity where you can make an impact and be recognized and compensated for your achievements? If this sounds intriguing, consider KPI Digital for your career, apply now!