Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive
Canada - Ontario (Toronto) & Quebec (Montreal)
Base Salary + Commissions & Benefits
KPI Digital is seeking an energetic, intelligent, passionate and driven individual to join the ranks of their renowned Sales team. The candidate will be expected to develop and generate new partnerships for KPI’s consulting and software services to a broad range of high-profile clients that range from start-ups to Fortune 100.
The main focus entails generating new business, growing a territory, and assisting clients with support during all stages of the sale. The individual will be expected to work with clients across multiple markets and industries often playing several different roles within a project lifecycle.
What makes YOU unique?
Addicted to data insights? Love to provide thought leadership? Thrive on change? Always looking for more mentoring, training and education? Put your perseverance, personality and talent to work and help us strategically grow clients by uncovering new sales opportunities as a Business Development Executive.
What is our expectation of a Business Development Executive?
You will serve as a strategic member of KPI's sales team, continually building a pipeline of sales opportunities with enterprise and mid-market organizational leaders.
As a Business Development Executive, you will execute outbound calls to determine interest in KPI Digital's service and software offerings. You will be a resource to prospects, define and qulify high level solutions & opportunities.
You will lead or support the sales team to move prospects through the sales cycle from initial prep research, to quote/proposal development and close.
You recognize the importance of tracking activity, sales progress, and opportunity details in our CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) in order to better understand the big picture of how you are doing against goals (not quotas).
You will infiltrate (land & expand) an account within multiple lines of business (finance, marketing, analytics, contact centre, IT, etc.) at the mid or senior executive level.
Sales is a career path, and like all professional careers the key to success involves continuous learning. As part of the role, we expect you to take advantage of great training and education (including IBM courses) to help with your individual growth.
What do you bring to the table?
- Ideally you have 5-8 years of experience in out-bound sales within the marketing and/or software technology space preferably at the enterprise level.
- Although you will have an internally sourced pipeline of warm leads, you feel energized by hunting out untapped contacts.
- Although you are hunter, you are a big believer in collaborating with, and supporting sales reps and business team members alike.
- You are a self-starter and thrive in a fairly autonomous environment where you are rewarded for being a keener AND for mentoring/coaching younger sales team members.
- You have the ability to communicate ideas effectively and persuasively to external and internal stakeholders at the senior/executive level in enterprise organizations.
- You are a junky for information -- constantly reading and wanting to understand how to better understand the world around us.
- You love the idea of tech innovation including data analytics, AI and digital transformation can change the status quo. You want to partner with a client to drive operational efficiencies, create more intelligence in their business -- all with the goal of increasing revenues.
Who is KPI Digital?
At KPI Digital we’re a high-tech, high-energy, lightning-fast environment where projects, customers or workdays are never the same. We are data analyst rock stars, digital transformation innovators, operational gurus and have an amazing sales and customer success team. We’re modelers, AI and Machine Learning wizards, expert marketers, and of course the all-important project managers and customer success magicians to keep it all flowing smoothly.
For 20 years, we’ve been in love with telling the story of how data makes companies more intelligent, and we all share an obsession for customer service and passion for disrupting the status quo.
KPI Digital offers
- Competitive base salary.
- No limit to commissions on consulting services, software sales and renewals.
- Great benefits package with Group Insurance: Health, Dental, Travel, Life.
- Ability for RRSPs.
- Ability to work in office or virtually as needed.
- Ability to contribute to new processes, ideas, business strategies and lead/execute as relevant.
- Perfect amount of software training on office, analytics and digital marketing tools.
- Informative lunch & learns.
- Opportunity to grow your network through sales or industry events.
- Awesome team environment with approachable leadership team and multiple mentors/coaches.
- A work hard/play hard, familial culture that loves to get together whenever we can for great food (and drink), sporting events, BBQ and building events, etc. We are equal parts passionate about our people and our work and we like to enjoy ourselves doing it.
- Opportunity to grow into management role based on merit.
- Full kitchen with snacks, treats, espresso, etc.
- Gym in our Montreal offices at Montreal's Techno-Parc.
- Subway beside our Toronto Yonge & Bloor office.
Here's what we need for you to apply
- 5+ yrs Sales experience in software or marketing technology.
- Working knowledge of IBM Business Analytics Suite preferred (other enterprise level sales within data analytics software is acceptable).
- Working knowledge of IBM Watson Marketing Suite preferred (other enterprise level sales within data analytics software is acceptable).
- 3+ yrs of post secondary education in business or commerce.
- Enterprise Account experience should be highlighted.
- Quebec Territory: Fluent in English and French.
- National (Non-Quebec) Territory: Fluent in English. Proficiency in other languages is a benefit.