Analytics for Operations
When it comes to delivering on the promises that your business has made to its customers, effective operations are key. Not only must you reliably match supply to demand—in terms of both volume and variety—but you must do so in a way that reduces bottlenecks, minimizes downtime risks, maximizes operational efficiency and optimizes gross margins.
- Create collaborative cross-functional, unit-driven demand plans or enhanced activity-based cost models.
- Track gross margin by vendor, factory, product line, and territory to ensure that profitability targets are met.
- Predict where, when, and why asset failures are likely to occur, then quickly:
- Identify primary variables as part of root-cause analysis process.
- Minimize product quality and reliability issues to meet customer delivery schedules.
- Optimize spare-parts inventory to reduce inventory costs.
- Predict warranty claims to increase customer satisfaction.
Read the data sheet
For organizations of any size that are beginning to embark or expand on an analytics strategy, Cognos Express provides self-service access to the tools and data business users need.
Read about Nucleus Research’s findings that organizations earn an average of $13.01 for every dollar spent on analytics applications such as business intelligence (BI), performance management (PM) and predictive analytics.
Watch the demo
IBM Cognos Insight provides a quick and easy way to drive smarter decisions and improve performance. It gives your business users the ability to explore, analyze and visualize personal and corporate data. This demo walks you through a self-service analysis scenario.
Watch the video
An easy-to-understand introduction to business intelligence (BI) — what it is, how it has evolved in response to business needs, and the most recent innovations in BI by IBM.
Read the brochure
Learn how a cloud computing environment can help reduce the time associated with implementing and running IBM Business Analytics software and help increase your ROI.
Download the paper
Learn how important it is to address the different business intelligence needs of your business constituents, so they have insight when and where they need it.
Southern Ontario Smart Computing Innovation Platform (SOSCIP)
"SOSCIP has helped over 40 small and medium-sized businesses become more productive and competitive."
- Elissa Strome, Executive Director, SOSCIP, University of Toronto
Basin Electric Power Cooperative
"Cognos Business Intelligence is an extremely powerful and highly versatile tool, and the broad range of functionality it provides empowers us to answer everything from the simplest to the most complex requests, from users at all levels of the organization."
- Joseph Thomas, Senior Business Systems Analyst, Basin Electric Power Cooperative
"You need to take ownership of your data, and use it to get a richer picture of who your viewers are, what they want, and how you can keep their attention in an increasingly crowded entertainment marketplace."
- Vitaly Tsivin, SVP Business Intelligence, AMC Networks